Kanye Does Not Like Crowd Reaction to 2024 LineNewser — Newser Editors
Kanye West made a surprise appearance on the stage at the Fast Company Innovation Festival in New York this week, and he didn't disappoint in terms of generating headlines.
- Name: "When people say it's crass to call yourself a billionaire, I say I might legally change my name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West for a year until y'all understand exactly what it is," he said.
"It will be on the license plate." The context here was black economic empowerment. In fact, West said that Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated because he wanted to talk about that very subject, adding, "The reason why I say these things out loud in this way is so I won't be killed."
- 2024: "When I run for president in 2024," West said, but then he paused because the audience laughed.
"What y'all laughing at?" he said, before continuing with a reference to his Yeezy shoe brand. "When I run for president in 2024, we would have created so many jobs that I'm not going to run, I'm going to walk."
- Airline Backs Flight Attendant Will.i.am Accused of Racism
- Jussie Smollett Saga Takes Yet Another Turn
- Guess Who Tom Hanks Is Related To?
This article originally appeared on Newser: Kanye Does Not Like Crowd Reaction to 2024 Line