The plane swayed violently as it approached a hilltop runway drenched in monsoon rain, and moments later the special return flight for Indians stranded abroad by the pandemic skidded off, nosedived and cracked in two, leaving 18 dead and more than 120 injured
Twitter Advises Android Users to Update App to Stop Hackers From Accessing Private Info . Twitter made the announcement via blog post. We recently discovered and fixed a vulnerability in Twitter for Android related to an underlying Android OS security issue affecting OS versions 8 and 9. Our understanding is 96% of people using Twitter for Android already have an Android security patch installed that protects them from this vulnerability. , Twitter, via blog post. For the other 4%, this vulnerability could allow an attacker, through a malicious app installed on your device, to access private Twitter data on your device (like Direct Messages) by working around Android system permissions that protect against this, Twitter, via blog post. To keep your Twitter data safe, please update to the latest version of Twitter for Android on all Android devices that you use to access Twitter. This issue did not impact Twitter for iOS or Twitter.com, Twitter, via blog post. The announcement comes just days after hackers viewed the private messages of 36 accounts
A day after Twitter and Facebook removed a Trump campaign video from their platforms, the president renewed his accusations of bias at social media companies. In an interview with Geraldo Rivera on Rivera's radio show, Trump said that "of course" he was being censored, reports Bloomberg . “They’re doing anybody, on...
Voting via mail continues to be a major concern for President Trump ahead of the November election as he speaks out against the practice. Cheddar's Megan Pratz examines the president's public disdain for the process and his personal use of it.
President Donald Trump has ordered sweeping but vague ban on dealings with the Chinese owners of popular apps TikTok and WeChat, saying they are a threat to U.S. national security, foreign policy and the economy
President Donald Trump’s bans on two popular Chinese social media apps — TikTok and WeChat — are the latest moves in an escalating U.S.-China rift, and point to a future where technology and innovation are increasingly walled behind political barriers
With coronavirus affecting the senior population particularly hard, the pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly is launching a COVID-19 antibody treatment study focused on those in assisted living facilities.
The U.S. Treasury Department has fined Capital One $80 million for careless network security practices that enabled one of the biggest bank security breaches on record
Uber lost $1.78 billion in the second quarter as the pandemic carved a gaping hole in its ride-hailing business, with millions of people staying home to reduce the spread of the coronavirus
Joe Biden’s Democratic presidential campaign has launched a new national ad focused on Black Americans, urging them to stand up to President Donald Trump the way their ancestors stood up to “violent racists of a generation ago.”
OTT streaming platform Roku reported strong earnings, but the added challenges with new players in the streaming TV space and weaker ad spending amid the coronavirus are taking a toll.
Shares for Bausch Health jump on news that the company is spinning its eye care business into a separate, public company. The company looks to expand its reach in the health industry. Cronos Group Inc's shares are down, which the cannabis company's CEO, Michael Gorenstein, attributed to a drop in sales due to the pandemic. ViamcomCBS shares pop on news of a new 'Super Service' set to launch in 2021 that could compete with Disney+.